Thursday, May 3, 2007

Reporter has Some Fun as Online Property Mogul - Okanagan Daily Courier




Reporter has some fun as online property mogul
The Daily Courier (Kelowna)
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Page: A4
Section: Okanagan
Byline: Chuck Poulsen
Source: The Daily Courier

I spent last weekend buying virtual property on Weblo.com.

My first priority was to buy the Green Bay Packers.

The Packers already had an owner - of course - and ownership of the team carried a hefty price tag of US$75. I bought them as a serious investment. I figure when people get up to speed with this website, some bigger idiot than me will come along with a profitable offer for the Packers.

Meanwhile, I'll be talking with my employee, Brett Favre, about my expectations for the coming season.

I thought I should also be a mayor of some place, but all but one city in the Okanagan was taken. I didn't want to get into a bidding war. Being a mayor isn't worth that much.

However, for $5 I now own and am the mayor of Lumby. I don't know if I've ever been in Lumby, but I'd better let them know I'm coming so they can plan the parade.

I fought against the Vintage Landing Development in McKinley Landing, which is now called Kinnikinnik. I hope Kinnikinnik does well, now that I own it.

I have a call into my employee, developer Grand Gaucher. I wish to speak to him about changing the name to something people can say, or spell.

I tried to buy The Daily Courier, but someone else already owned it. I bid $10, but was turned down. I then bid $20 with a note saying "final offer." I haven't had a response yet, but that's my limit. I'm not going to spend any more than $20 on a
company that would employ the likes of me.

I got the legislature in Victoria for $3. Someone already owns B.C., so I don't know how that will work. There will probably be a court fight.

I thought one of the most valuable properties in this area that was available for a first-time price of $3 was Mission Hill Family Estate. I'll be speaking with my employee, previous owner Anthony Von Mandl, about the lack of fruitiness in his
latest merlot. I also own Big White and will be speaking with my employee, Michael J. Ballingall, as soon as I can think of some orders to give him.

My biggest coup was to pick up ownership of the new William R. Bennett Bridge for $3. I now have a bridge to sell you. Maybe I'll make it a toll bridge.

I also own the Kelowna RCMP detachment and the Kelowna Law Courts, $3 each.

They will be for sale soon, but I have some changes to make at both places first. No one is in charge of the courthouse, so I don't know who to talk with there. But I'll be discussing the RCMP changes with my employee, Supt. Bill McKinnon.

No comments: